Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 17:23:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Tommy Hallgren <thallgren@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On advocacing FreeBSD...

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Tommy Hallgren wrote:

> It's hard to argue all the time against messages like this:
>
>    http://forums.infoworld.com/threads/get.cgi?87672
>
> IMHO,
>
> a) *BSD are not closed development groups.
> b) X Windows System could "fork" just as well if it were GPL'ed and
> the authors of it decided to change/restrict the license.

	What the hell do you need to do to respond?  I regieters, but it
won't allow me to respond.

	In any case it would sure be nice to point out that the GPL has
done little more than any other open source license to discourage
"forking".  All we need to do is consider gcc/egcs and emacs/xemacs.

	I think the poster you linked to is just clueless or just mothing
the FUD he's heard elsewhere.

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]