Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:16:02 -0700
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Joaqu=EDn_Hern=E1ndez_Rico?=" <joaquinh01@uswest.net>
To:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Imdat Solak" <iso@burdadigital.com>
Subject:    PHP4 accessing Sybase with freetds

Well,  before I give up and try to Compile PHP from sources,  I want to give
the fBSD ports and myself one more chance:

On a FreeBSD 4.1-Stable box,  I tried installing Apache and PHP (3 _and_ 4)
with Sybase support from both the CD Packages and the Ports collection. Both
of these installation methods use FreeTDS.   I have checked and rechecked
all the different configuration files and everything seems to be in order,
but when I try to connect to our Sybase 7.0 database at work, I get an
"invalid marker:  0!!" error message.   This happens even when using "sqsh",
except that when the connection is attempted by PHP, the error message goes
into the /var/log/httpd-errors.log file.  Apparently, PHP keeps trying to
connect indefinitely, for the log file grows until it fills the space
available in the partition where /var is mounted(100 Mb).  Has anyone
experienced this?

I guess my next step will be to get the source code for FreeTDS, PHP and
maybe even Apache and compile it.  Then if that still does not work, I'll
get the now available Sybase FreeBSD distribution...

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Joaquín Hernández Rico
________
The Computer is mightier than the sword, the pen and, usually, the
programmer.

joaquinh01@uswest.net