Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 1995 12:43:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        john@starfire.mn.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: booteasy and Windows 95

> I just installed MS-Windows 95 in another partition on my hard disk,
> and it seems to have taken out booteasy (and, my access to the FreeBSD
> partition on that drive!)  Anyone know if booteasy will handle Win95?
> Can I just put it back in?

Get the DOS installable version of BootEasy.

Boot Win95.

click the "Start" button on the task bar
click "Shutdown..." menu item
select the "Restart the computer in MS-DOS mode?" radio button in the
"Shut Down Windows" dialog that appears
click "Yes"

When you get the DOS prompt, install BootEasy (running in a DOS box
will not allow you to write the boot track, you *must* restart Win95
in "MS-DOS mode"... or write a VxD, register with the IOS, unset the
logical I/O bit, and port BootEasy to use DeviceIoctl's to do its thing).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.