Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:38:45 -0500
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        Kyrre Nygard <kyrreny@broadpark.no>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Text files going double lined

Usually this is a result of the wrong end-of-line characters being used,
depending on what the output device expects.

In UNIX, end-of-line is just a line-feed, in MS-DOS/Windows end-of-line is
a carriage-return line-feed pair.

You may need to change the end-of-line characters to suit your needs and
output device.

         -Derek