Date:      Thu, 30 May 1996 16:40:15 +0000 ()
From:      francis yeung <fyeung@fyeung5.netific.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        fyeung@fyeung5.netific.com (francis yeung)
Subject:   vi uses 100% cpu

Greetings,

	I wonder if anyone has seen this vi problem before.

	Telnet/rlogin into a 2.0.5 FreeBSD system,
	and start a vi session.

	Then, close the local window for the telnet/vi session.
	The telnet session goes away as expected but the
	vi session stays and the vi sesssion uses 100% cpu.

	If start another telnet/vi session again and terminate
	the telnet session again. The vi session stays (as shown
	in ps -aux) and systat shows the both vi sessions own
	100% cpu as each of them owns 50%.

	This problem can be reproduced consistently. I have tried
	to telnet/vi from a Sun workstation, from a Window 95 PC,
	or from a DOS based NCSA Telnet and the same result prevails.

	Any idea ?

	Thank you for your help.

	Francis