Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 02:27:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        dfr@nlsystems.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing boot?

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote...
> > Please insert MFS root floppy and press enter:
> >
> > load: can't find '/mfsroot'
> >
> > Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
>
> Hmmmm. OK, over to Mike at this point - I thought it was supposed
> to find /mfsroot.gz automagically but evidently that's now broken.

Well, I'm happy to know I was not the only one expecting that to work.

> Sure would be nice if we could just work out whether it's going to
> be "magic" or not and just stick to it. :)

Whenever we can get it working I'll more than happy to write a short
'How-To' for Freebsd/axp. BTW: I don't like Freebsd/alpha, because of
the overloading of alpha in the software engineering world. Not that I
really like the axp phrase coined by Digital productmarketing but it at
least makes a distinction with the 'other' alpha meaning.

Wilko