Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:50:15 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans), dynamo@ime.net, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Not sure if you got it...

In message <199908310720.AAA68164@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> "Rodney W. Grimes" writes:
: Actually I think that was done on purpose.  Since UF_NOUNLINK is to
: protect the user from removing the file it would kinda make since
: that rm -rf should bitch loudly when asked to rm a UF_NOUNLINK flagged
: file shouldn't it?
:
: IMHO, rm should not know about flags at all.  chflags knows about flags,
: and if we ever get acl's rm should not be tought about them either,
: some other command (acl(1) anyone) will know how to deal with them.

Yes, but if force doesn't mean try your best to delete it, then it is
kinda useless...  There are times that policy is to kill everything,
flags to the contrary non-with-standing.

Warner