Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2000 12:37:25 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Qt/KDE/bsd.port.mk changes

[ snipped all the maintainers' emails for sanity ]

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 03:46:33PM +0100, Juergen Lock wrote:
> I too now wanted to build some kde sources that need a recent gcc
> (control software for a isdn pbx), so i searched -ports and found
> this thread.  got the updated qt and kdelibs ports off that page:
> qt installed no problem but kdelibs failed to package because of
> missing libs, and after looking at the wrong place for a while
> (...) i discovered it just used 2 instead of 3 for the major.
> here's my `fix' for that:
>
> post-patch:
> 	${PERL} -pi.bak -e 's/-version-info \S+/-version-info '${LIBMAJOR}:${LIBMINOR}/\; ${WRKSRC}/*/Makefile.in
>
>  (Oh and it probably should USE_LIBTOOL too so that it keeps
> those .la files to itself, and to fix the OBJFORMAT="" problem.)

(Re: USE_LIBTOOL) Noted. I'll try it.

How the heck did it get 2 instead of 3?? I made sure that the
Makefile.in's would accept a change from the environment variables,
through the ?= operator. :\

Can you show me the _FULL_ build logs? My build logs say the major got
through.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>