Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 15:43:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@bigbrother.rust.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   poppassd on 2.2.1 revisited

Happy non-denominational winter solistice holiday to all!

We're running a freebsd 2.2.1 box.  For various reasons, upgrading isn't
likely for several months.

Poppassd isn't working, neither the 2.2.x port nor the 2.2 version from
the ftp site's incoming directory.

Whenever a poppassd connection is made, the following error appears in
/var/log/messages:

Dec 23 15:49:26 www poppassd[531]: can't open slave pty: Permission denied

Now, rather than follow my usual troubleshooting technique (making things
executable until it starts to work :), I'd rather fix this properly.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael