Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:44:09 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Per Hedeland <per@erix.ericsson.se>
Cc:        anders@fix.no, dante-misc@inet.no, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iotimeout value in sockd.conf ...

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Per Hedeland wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> >Problem possibly introduced since 3.2-RELEASE?  I'm running 3.3-STABLE
> >right now, as of about Nov 2nd...haven't had a chance to upgrade it
> >recently, but, from cvs logs, I can't see any changes to
> >select() since...if select() hasn't changed, is there anything else that
> >could be affecting this that may have changed?
>
> Highly unlikely that it's an OS problem, I'd say - you don't break
> select() without things falling apart left and right, and FreeBSD
> doesn't break things in general (except possibly in -CURRENT:-), in my
> experience.

Something to note, that I asked Per about ... altho he's also running on
FreeBSD 3.x, our loads are totally different (2or3 active connections vs
several hundred when loaded), so what I may be hitting is a load related
bug vs anything else ... at least as far as Dante on FreeBSD is
concerned ...

Still investigating ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org