Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:00:15 -0500
From:      "NOC - KP^2" <noc@kulish.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel 830M + Xfree 4.2.0 + Inspiron 2600

Ok, I'm at my wits end, and I don't know where to go from here.

I installed XFree86 4.2.0 via pkg_add Xfree86
Edited /boot/loader.conf w/ agp_load="YES"
Did a sh MAKEDEV agpgart in /dev
And finally added the "NoDDC" Option in the Xfree86 config file

All of these have not changed anything when I try to configure Xfree
with XFree86 -xf86config

It always core dumps.  There are a BUNCH of unresolved errors in the log
file.  Has anyone gotten this work work correctly with the setup
mentioned in the subject?

Thanks!
Chris Kulish

Here is an excerpt of the log file that is generated:

(II) Module int10: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.5
Symbol fbQueryBestSize from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/vmware_drv.o i
s unresolved!
Symbol fbCopyRegion from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/vmware_drv.o is u
nresolved!

<SNIP>

Symbol fbdevHWGetLineLength from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv
.o is unresolved!
Symbol fbdevHWGetLineLength from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv
.o is unresolved!

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting