Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:49:26 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, Gene Harris <zeus@tetron03.tetronsoftware.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: are files limited to 2 GB still?

>NFSv2 does have a 2 gig filesize limit, but FreeBSD can do NFSv3 mounts
>which handle large files.  Make sure that your HP-UX box can do NFSv3,
>and make sure that you are doing an NFSv3 mount from FreeBSD ('amd'
>defaults to v2 I think).

Easier said than done.  HP-UX 10.20 supposedly does NFS3, but it
sure won't do it with FreeBSD 3.2-R.  The only way I could get them
to be nice to each other was to drop back to NFS2, so for now it
looks like it's ftp for moving big files.  Fortunately this doesn't
happen often.  In the long run the HP systems are going away, so
that will solve that.  :-)

-Mitch