Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:47:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Dean <brdean@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd problem with ppp0 in -current

Hi,

I'm trying to track down the change that broke my ppp.

The symptoms are that I cannot telnet out though my ppp0 interface.
Ktrace indicates that the connect() to the remote system never returns
(it may eventually timeout - I didn't wait a really long time).
However, I run natd and have several other boxes here that I _can_ use
to establish a connection with a remote system, via my ppp0 interface
(my gateway) .  Very odd indeed.  Does this ring a bell with anyone as
far as what recent commit (last few days) might have resulted in such
behaviour?

My previous kernel of about a week ago is fine.

Telnet works fine through my xl0 interface to my local machines.  It's
just my ppp0 interface that has this problem.

Looking through the commit messages, I didn't see anything that jumped
out as being the culprit.  Any ideas?  Is anyone else seeing this?

For reference, this is with last night's cvs update, and kernel with
IPFIREWALL, IPDIVERT, and natd.  I use 'pppd' and 'ppp0'.

Thanks,
-Brian
--
Brian Dean