Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:10:24 -0700
From:      Sean Fagan <sef@ixsystems.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Expanding on NO_ROOT:  Categorizing installed files

Based on feedback primarily from Brooke Davis, an update.  The diffs are =
at http://earth.kithrup.com/~sef/auto-diffs.txt -- due to the size, I =
could not send them to the mailing list.

This primarily eliminates the environment passing; the cost of that is a =
lot more invasiveness.  (About 100k larger diffs, thus being unable to =
attach them.)

I have not changed it from having a new "category=3D" to using "tag=3D"; =
I looked at that, and don't think it's the best way to go, but am still =
looking.

I also want to go over it and ensure that NO_ROOT is a strict superset =
of LOG_META_INFO -- that is, -DNO_ROOT should set -DLOG_META_INFO, and =
thus most places where I check for either, I should only check for =
LOG_META_INFO.

I also want to make it completely clear the categories I have chosen are =
simply because I was getting it to work :).  They should be *much* more =
precise than they are now.  (E.g., all of the NLS files might go into =
<main>:nls.  One can make the argument that GPL, CDDL, etc., license =
should be logged as well.)  This is primarily an attempt to validate the =
concept and direction.

(If anyone wants to see the python script I have to create a pkgng-like =
package out of it, let me know.)

Sean.