Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:32:00 -0900
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Roy Stuivenberg <roys1012@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: screensaver blanktime in the kernel

On Saturday 28 February 2009 08:24:52 Roy Stuivenberg wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I would like to set screensaver blanktime in the kernel.
> I have daemon_saver set in the kernel also, and all the needed components
> in kernel.
> When I set blanktime in rc.conf, it's not working.
> After reboot, daemon_saver starts at the spot, but it's not returning
> anymore.

Weird, works for me, but haven't compiled it in the kernel. daemon_saver is
loaded as kernel module on request.
blanktime="300"
saver="daemon"

in /etc/rc.conf works on a GENERIC kernel. Try taking it out of the kernel
config, recompile/install kernel and see if it works then.
Note that without sysmouse, you will have to press a key to clear the
screensaver.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.