Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:54:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mychal McGrew <myc@vapor.westin16.flyingcroc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sidewinder 200

Greetings,

I'm using a Seagate SideWinder 200 Tape drive.  I'm just wondering two
things:

1.) I use the "/usr/bin/mt rewoffl" command when rewinding my tapes
    offline.  I'm just trying to find out why sometimes it actually
    runs the command twice.  Example:

sidewinder1# chio status
picker 0:
slot 0: <ACCESS>
slot 1: <ACCESS,FULL>
slot 2: <ACCESS,FULL>
slot 3: <ACCESS,FULL>
drive 0: <ACCESS,FULL>
sidewinder1#

This is showing that the first tape is loaded.  When I run the
"/usr/bin/mt rewoffl" command, it's "suppose" to go to the next tape in
line, which would be slot 1.  For some reason, *sometimes* it skips, and
just goes to slot 2.  Any ideas on this?

I'm just trying to find an accurate way that I can rewind the tape and
have it move on to the next one.

2.) I was also wondering why sometimes I run that /usr/bin/mt rewoffl
    command, I get "Device not configured" on some tapes.  Any ideas?

Any help would be great, and greatly appreciated.  Thanks very much! :)

Regards,

Mychal L. McGrew
UNIX Systems Administrator
Flying Crocodile, Inc.