Date:      Sat, 08 Mar 2003 16:13:44 +0900 (JST)
From:      Mamoru Iwaki <iwaki@bc.niigata-u.ac.jp>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdcontrol via atapicam in 4.8-RC

> Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 19:07:26 +0100 (CET)
> From: Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
> Subject: Re: cdcontrol via atapicam in 4.8-RC
>
> Mamoru Iwaki <iwaki@bc.niigata-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>  > I cannot playback music from audio CD via atapicam using cdcontrol
>  > [...]
>  > # cdcontrol -f /dev/cd1c
>
> Did you try using cdcontrol on the ATAPI device, i.e.
> # cdcontrol -d /dev/acd0c
> ?

No, not yet.

> using atapicam doesn't prevent you from still using it as
> an ATAPI device.  Works fine for me.

I tried that and got the following.

% cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0c
Compact Disc Control utility, version 2.0
Type `?' for command list

cdcontrol> info
cdcontrol: no disc in drive /dev/acd0c
cdcontrol> play
cdcontrol: no disc in drive /dev/acd0c
cdcontrol> quit

I think this result is natural in my environment.  In my kernel
configuration, there is no atapicd because atapicam is enabled.

# ATA and ATAPI devices
#device         ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
#device         ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
#device         atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
#device         atapifd                 # ATAPI floppy drives
#device         atapist                 # ATAPI tape drives
#options        ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering
device          atapicam        # emulate ATAPI devices as SCSI ditto via CAM
                                # needs CAM to be present (scbus & pass)

I don't know possible combinations of atapicam and atapi??.
Anyway, I'll try enabling all of them, but I need a time.

Thank you.
---
-----
Mamoru IWAKI   (iwaki@bc.niigata-u.ac.jp)
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Niigata University