Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2001 21:09:44 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Vladimir B. Grebenschikov" <vova@express.ru>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
Cc:        deepak@ai.net, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: Network lockups on fxp0?

Jonathan Lemon writes:
 > >>fxp0: SCB timeout
 > >>fxp0: DMA timeout
 > >>(repeating)
 >
 > SCB timeout comes about because the chip is refusing to accept
 > any more commands; in this case, it probably is wedged.  Is there
 > any pattern to this?  Do you happen to have hardware flowcontrol
 > enabled?  Does an ifconfig up/down fix the problem?

My notebook shows such diagnostic after boot under M$ Windows, so I
need to turn notebook off and then on to restore ethernet function.
(I have VAIO-505S with IntellEtherExpress)

So, may be it is some kind of state of ethernet chip ?

--
TSB Russian Express, Moscow
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov, vova@express.ru