Date:      22 Sep 1999 23:26:03 -0700
From:      Michael Endsley <multios@pctechnician.net>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pico won't boot

I have a 386sx with 8megs ram. I just downloaded Pico 0.41 router version. I disabled (via -c) everything that wasn't necessary to boot. The last few lines of the booting process are:
npx0 on motherboard
npx0 no 387 emulation in kernel
IP Packet filtering....
rootfs is 820kbytes  compiled in MFS

and then the system hangs.
I have let it go for quite some time, but pico doesn't get past this point. Any ideas?

Also, I tried the dialup version and it wouldn't boot either. It stopped at a point with:
TRAP 9
general protection fault   in kernel mode!

Am I not going to get to run Pico on this machine?  It does run Debian Linux quite well.

Thanks,
Mike

I have and run the following:
OS/2 Warp 3 & 4
Linux (Debian 2.1 and Redhat 5.2)
FreeBSD 3.0 & 2.21
Windows 3.1 95 & 98
Amiga 500 & 4000

If that can't keep a person confused then nothing can! :)