Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 19:57:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Wiener <cwiener@crlabs.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GDB error accessing memory address - Current

I'm getting an error when attempting to set breakpoints using GDB under
2.2 Current.  The last make world I did was on Dec 31st.  I rebuilt GDB
yesterday after getting the error shown below, but this did not help.

Is this operator error, or a real problem?

Chris

crlabs# cat hello.c
#include <stdio.h>

main ()
{
	printf("Hello world.\n");
}
crlabs# cc -static -g -o hello hello.c
crlabs# gdb hello
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.13 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x10a8: file hello.c, line 5.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /hello
Cannot insert breakpoint 1:
Error accessing memory address 0x10a8: Operation not permitted.
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Quit anyway (and kill it)? (y or n) y
crlabs# exit

Script done on Mon Jan 22 19:47:03 1996

--
Christopher Wiener N2CR                        CR Labs, Morris Plains, NJ
DOMAIN: cwiener@CRLABS.COM