Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:49:36 -1000 (HST)
From:      "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
To:        jln@defiant.vhm.com (Joe Nieten)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does the apache httpd work?

Joe Nieten

>Have not been able to get apache to work ...
>
>It will not change the document root and it will not create logs like the NCSA httpd.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Joe

Did you compile your own or the one in ports?

If you did it on your own then you may need to double-check  that you
have the common-log format modules enabled in the config file.

When  you start httpd try using "httpd -f FULL_PATH_TO_httpd.conf"

I have no problems getting the ports version, stock apache or apache_ssl
running under FreeBSD (Well at least under stable, cant say how current fairs).

David Langford
langfod@dihelix.com