Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 15:43:00 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: MBONE interfaces and snazzy install tools.

> If people could provide me with more "components" like this in
> general, I'd be more than happy to add it to the overall all-singing,
> all-dancing installation framework.  From the user's perspective,
> they'd just select "MBONE Setup" from the "Network Configuration"
> dialog menu and bang, they're in your mbone setup.

> I pushed very hard to get more advanced tools like dialog and libforms
> into the system, and with the exception of myself and a couple of
> others, NOBODY is using them! :-( :-(

> every individual piece myself, I need help!  Contributions!  This
> stuff isn't rocket science, it's just banging out simple shell and/or
> perl scripts and clueing the user into what's going on!

Just to clarify the issue, what type of tools are 'ok' to use.  I'm
pretty sure that shell/perl scripts are okay, but what about tcl/tk
stuff? (I suspect not).  Where is a good place to start on the
libforms/dialog stuff?  Is there a 'Hello World' type of program that
could point folks in the right direction for the GUI stuff that's
really simple and wouldn't confuse folks like me who are trying to keep
all the different languages straight. :-)

Nate