Date:      Thu, 9 May 1996 13:20:13 -0400
From:      Amooooo@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FBSD

Im getting the following error msg as freebsd is getting installed.

 "Failed to load the root  distribution. Please correct this problem and try
 again."

The debug screen msg:
gunzip: stdini: invalid compressed
data--- crc error. /stand/ cpio: premature end of file
Debug: Dummy [default] close called for cd0a with Fd of 6.

I have a 340 mg ide hard drive with P-75mhz intel system and scsi 2x cd rom.
Im using the cd rom as my installation media.

Thanks
Adam
p.s is there anyone in LA that would like to help?