Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2017 02:35:26 +0200
From:      Sydney Meyer <meyer.sydney@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox outbound networking

Yes, same here. Bridging is working as it should, including ICMP of =
course.

On Windows, i wouldn't even be able to manually add a route, so that one =
is out for me too:)

I found several posts about NAT-related problems with VirtualBox. I read =
vb is using "slirp" for it's NAT implementation, because of portability, =
which appears to do crazy things to ICMP messages, but, obviously, i =
dont know this for sure.

But it doesn't appear to be a problem with FreeBSD or the RC's itself, =
so i will ask around some VirtualBox users or @freebsd-virtualization..

> On 9. Jul 2017, at 02:12, Mike Karels <mike@karels.net> wrote:
>=20
>> Mea Cupla, i guess.. I can confirm that both, NAT and bridged =
networking, are indeed working fine on 11.1-RC1 too. The "problem" =
appears to be "only" with ICMP and the way VirtualBox implements NAT, =
i.e. TCP and UDP work fine. A post from last month stated bridged =
networking on 11.1 BETA1 onwards wouldn't work either, that i can =
confirm is working fine, at least here and as far as i can see.
>=20
>> Mike, can your vbox guests send ICMP messages beyond their gateway on =
10.3 or is this known behaviour?