Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:47:31 -0600
From:      Damien Tougas <dtougas@converging.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IDE Tape Drive Configuration

Hello,

I am using FreeBSD 3.1, and have just installed an IDE HP Colorado 8Gb
Travan tape backup.  The device is recognized and works properly as rwst0,
however, I really would like a nrwst0 to be able to do multiple backups on
the same tape.  I have tried MAKEDEV, but I am new to UNIX and have not had
much success using this script.

Any help that could be offered in how to configure an nrwst0 would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Damien Tougas
Converging Technology Solutions Inc.