Date:      Tue, 2 May 2006 14:39:14 -0400
From:      "Bakki Kudva" <bakki.kudva@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nubie question - Ports - Ruby 1.8.4

Wow! 4 replies already!!  I am really impressed by the Free BSD
community :). THis never happens on some of the other lists I am on.
Thank you Andy, Robert, Daniel and Michael for your advise.

The thing that threw me was that I had checked the ports web site for
the Ruby version BEFORE I installed FreeBSD which was just a couple of
days ago. So I was wondering why I got Ruby 1.8.2 in my ports tree
since I installed using the main site as my ftp source?!

I have read the using ports in the hand book but certainly I need to
read it more and get familiar with all the commands for using ports.
Thank you again.

-bakki