Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:39:59 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Vrist <inbox@seet.dk>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What?! no wi0 after a boot in windows

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

On Thursday,  6 February 2003 at 20:36:25 +0100, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrot=
e:

> On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, [ISO-8859-1] S=F8ren Vrist wrote:
>
>> I dual boot this laptop, and for the first time in months i booted in
>> win2k, and because i havnt set up ipsec in win2k, i told win2k that i
>> But to my great horror I had no wi0 more after boot. Dmesg told me this:
>> And thats why I suspect that win2k action i took as the sinner in this
>
> I have this on my Vaio as well; just powerdown, remove the power and the
> batteries; reboot after 10 seconds and things are fine. Windows leaves the
> PCI bridge in some weird state I suspect.

This works both ways on my Dell Inspiron 7500 (and on other machines
IIRC).  If I reboot from FreeBSD into Microsoft, the PC Card subsystem
doesn't work either.  I need to power down in each direction.

Greg

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24--