Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:29:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation and package tools document, version 1.0

Without a lot of preamble, let me just say that all that talk of
FreeBSD needing a more active specifications and management process
finally got me motivated into writing all this down.  This being
version 1.0 of this document, I also expect it to go through multiple
versions as I get feedback on it, so please consider it merely the
start of an ongoing effort to write down all these installation and
packaging thoughts which have been rattling around my head these past
6 or so years.  See the Preface for more information, and thanks in
advance for being willing to read through a 5300 word document. :-)

- Jordan

Title: FreeBSD installation and package tools, past, present and future