From:      Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Christoph Hellwig <hch@ns.caldera.de>, Dennis Berger <Dennis.Berger@nipsi.de>, <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG>, <opengfs-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject:   Re: Porting a new filesystem to FreeBSD

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Terry Lambert wrote:

> [ ... ]
> > But I really hate this stupid license discussions, especially on
> > technical lists.
>
> The problem is that you have proposed a technical solution which
> is politically impossible.  You have to expect political reasons
> why it is impossible to result from the suggestion.

Interesting that you have to be offended by this, since
you seem to keep your "1 million tcp connections" stuff
proprietary ;)

If that means you won't be able to use opengfs or xfs in
your product, that's bad luck for you. But please don't
try to persuade people to not port something which could
be useful for many other freebsd users...

cheers,

Rik
--
IA64: a worthy successor to i860.