Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 04:20:26 -0400
From:      "yskundbe@mail.chello.no" <yskundbe@mail.chello.no>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Strange permission problem after upgrade to 4.1.1-S

After going from 4.1-S to 4.1.1-S, and presumably making a wrong turn somewhere in mergemaster, I get this error when ope=
ning my Pine INBOX:

Unable to create scratch file: Permission denied.

Pine reports the number of new messages, but they show up without headers and with zero bytes content. When I start x11am=
p , i get this:

Bind: permission denied

Where should I start looking? I would happily chmod and chown away, if I knew what files these two programs were trying t=
o access. As mentioned, I suspect some of the files mergemaster upgrades. x11amp is really no problem, since xmms works a=
nyway, but the Pine/mail thing worries me. I haven't tried another client (this is sent from a webmail service, which is =
no fun at all) but I don't believe the actual problem is Pine.

Any input appreciated.

=D8ystein Skundberg