Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 2003 06:17:04 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: looking for a port for asterisk

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 07:43:55AM +0200, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:

> I did this mid of July for a Port. But there is still no response=20
> to it. There are New Port from mid April that are still not included
> in the Ports Tree.=20
>=20
> I Think some of the new ports are outdated by now.=20
>=20
> Why should someone go through the trouble off creating a Port=20
> when in takes Month to be included in the Tree.=20

Well, the alternative is not making the port, in which case it will
probably never appear in FreeBSD.  Which is better for the project?
Sometimes it does take a few months for the volunteers to find time to
get to new submissions (and often this process is further delayed by
poorly prepared submissions).

The bottom line here is that this is a volunteer project and hundreds
of people are giving thousands of hours of their time to work on
FreeBSD for you, so you'll have to come to terms with that in some
form.

Kris
--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr--