Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 08:37:59 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        HOSOKAWA Tatsumi <hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp>, imp@village.org, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Subject:   Re: pccardd patches for review

> readslots() reads CIS, allocates driver and execute card_inserted().
> Pccardd daemonizes after finishing all these processes.  PC-card
> sysinstall in -current probes ethernet interfaes after this
> initialization and always found them successfly.

Please try it.  Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I added printf()'s
to pccardd (yes it had case 'z':) in the code, and it was virtually a no
op.

If you have an uptodate /etc/rc.network, add this to /etc/rc.conf:

    pccardd_flags="-z"
    pccard_ifconfig="NO"
    network_interfaces="lo0 ep0"    # assumeing a 3c589 pccard
    ifconfig_ep0="DHCP"

and should find that ep0 is not properly setup because ep0 does not exist
when ``/sbin/dhclient ep0'' is run.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)