Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:47:03 +0300
From:      Igor Robul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        andrew@ugh.net.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM ThinkPad iSeries 1200

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 02:35:51PM +1000, andrew@ugh.net.au wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install FreeBSD on an IBM ThinkPad iSeries 1200. I want to
> get it to dual boot Windows98. The machine was originally purchased in
> Japan, it doesn't seem to be sold elsewhere.
>
> FreeBSD installs fine but windows (from the IBM CD that comes with the
> laptop) refuses to install unless the disk has just one FAT partition (ie
> delete FreeBSD) - otherwise the installer has an invalid path error 99.
>
> Is there a way around this?

Make two DOS partitions. Then install Windows to one. And then FreeBSD
to other.
If this does not work, then
Make one big primary DOS partition for Windows. Install it. Use
some utility to resize primary partition and make second for FreeBSD.
You can use, for example, fips.exe.

--
Igor Robul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia