Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:08:39 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se>
To:        Pablo <josoroma@internexo.co.cr>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 08:24:29AM -0600, Pablo wrote:
> My problem is:
> How can i configure the server perfect with my hardaware, because my
> video card is not listed.
> I installed Freebsd 3.2
> Please, help me.
> What i have to do?
> I have to download the driver?
> Can i run xf86config? Send one example of a good configuration for me.
> Can i configure this manually, how? Send one example of a good
> configuration for me.

Have you tried running XF86Setup or xf86config?
Try running one of them and select the chipset that SuperProbe claims you
have. (sis86c02). And remeber to set the size of the videoram explicitly
when asked for it since it appears that XFree86 can't detect it
automatically.
I would recommend to try XF86Setup first since it is (IMO) both easier to
use and the generated config-file is more readable.

It will probably work.

> Thanks.
> I ran the program SuperProbe and the result was:
> Chipset: Silicon Integrated Systems SG86C202 (PCI Probed)
> Memory: 0 Kbytes
> RAMDAC: Generic 8-bit pseudo-color DAC
>         with 6-bit wide lookup tables (or in 6-bit mode))
> My hardware is:
> Mainboard: Pentium Mainboard PCI Bus and ISA Bus.
> Video card: FVGAP-SS (SIS 6202) PCI VGA Card.
> Video Ram: 1 MB.
> Ram: 16 MB.
> Monitor: 14, Color Monitor, VESA VGA / XGA.
> Mouse: Genius
> Printer: Canon BJC-1010

<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson