Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 1996 08:39:32 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Marcelino Enriquez <mars@pasteur.eecs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, marc@CSUA.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re: SCSI Support

>Hi there my name is Marcelino and I have encountered some problems with
>installing FreeBSD on my system.
>
>Here is the Specs
>
>Motherboard - lightning series w/ built-in SCSI support using an Adaptic
>7840 chip

I would guess you mean a 7850.  Its not currently supported (as you found
out), but work is in progress to try and get aic7850 support functional
in the ahc driver.  The problems with the 7850 have been very elusive
though, so I can't say when the problems will be fixed.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations