Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:06:27 +0100
From:      "Niels Chr. Bank-Pedersen" <ncbp@bank-pedersen.dk>
To:        Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Random craches under heavy(?) disk activity

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 09:13:30AM +0100, Jesper Skriver wrote:

> >    This appears to be different and unrelated as well and probably indicates
> > a hardware problem.
>
> Have you got any idea which HW, I've got a ethernet card that logs
> "Recieve CRC error" all the time, I'm working on getting it replaced,
> but as the security people here require static MAC addresses in the
> routers, it's a but of a hassle to swap it ... sigh ...
My guess would be RAM - I've seen often enough, that what works in one
OS doesn't necessarily work in another - that goes for upgrading from
2.2.x to 3.x as well I guess.  You have checked your CPU-fan, right?
:-)

> /Jesper

/Niels Chr.

--
 Niels Christian Bank-Pedersen, NCB1-RIPE.
 Network Manager, Tele Danmark DataNET, IP-section.

 # rsh -l God universe.all find / -name '*windows*' -exec rm -rf {} \;