Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 02:33:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      "William A. Carrel" <cysgod@carrel.org>
To:        Thomas Uhrfelt <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
Cc:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DMZ/Routing setup - really could use your expertize on this one.

This is very similar to a problem I had with my network.  I made a kernel
patch that resolved it, it is PR: kern/16318, there is a diff provided.

The problem is that the kernel routing tables generates new routes based
on the interfaces idea of where IPs are rather than on the information in
the routing table itself.  This patch causes the routing table to trump
the info from the interfaces in certain specific, limited
cases.  Hopefully this can help you out.

-- William Carrel <william.a@carrel.org>