Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:51:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andy Georges <ageorges@twizors.rug.ac.be>
To:        freebsd-stable@freeBSD.org
Subject:   4.0 release - vp0 timeout

Hello,

I have just finished installing 4.0-release on my (toshiba 320CDS) laptop
and i have recompiled the kernel with, amongst others the following

device 		scbus
device 		da

device 		ppc0
device 		ppbus
device 		lpt
device		ppi
device 		vpo

When I boot it detects the vpo thingie and when it tries to find the da
stuff it generates this message:

vpo0: VPO error/timeout  (5)
vpo0: VPO error/timeout  (2)

I have found this question  a few times in the archives, but I cannot
locate any answer to this problem. Could anyone point out what I'm missing
or doing wrong and/or point out some docs on this matter? I have used a
similar setup on my 3.4-stable machine and there it finds the da stuff.
If you'd need any more info i'll be happy to provide it.

Thank you,

andy

Dept. of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Ghent
Krijgslaan 281 - S9, B - 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Phone: +32-9-264.47.66, Fax: +32-9-264.49.95
E-mail: andy.georges@rug.ac.be