Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:27:56 +0400
From:      Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Johnston <markj@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sdt_probe_stub: Why did this get called?

<trtrmitya@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>=20
>> FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0 r262016M
>>=20
>>=20
>> During the boot, I see the following line on console:
>> sdt_probe_stub: Why did this get called?
>>=20
>> What does it mean?
>=20
> It means that an SDT probe was somehow enabled without setting the
> probe hook (which points to sdt_probe_stub() by default).
>=20
> Are you using DTrace on the system? What local modifications have you
> made to the code?

No modifications to code and I don't use DTrace on that machine (it is =
just compiled in the kernel).
After some digging I found that my ethernet is auto-configured on =
100MBit instead of 1000MBit, and after I replaced a patch cord both =
problems
(ethernet speed and the above console message about sdt_probe_stub) =
disappeared.

Sorry for the noise.=