Date:      31 May 2002 21:43:14 +0200
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pango broken with latest freetype?

Am Fr, 2002-05-31 um 21.18 schrieb Joe Marcus Clarke:
> On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 14:17, Franz Klammer wrote:

> > > Well, I don't know what to tell you.  I just downgraded to
> > > freetype2-2.0.9, and Nautilus displays glyphs again.  I know 2.1.0 has a
> > > lot of changes for the conversion to the new freetype API.  Perhaps it's
> > > incompatible with GNOME currently.
> > >
> > > I know the latest release of GARNOME shipped with 2.0.9 even though
> > > 2.1.0 was available.  Maxim, are things working okay for you with the
> > > new freetype2?
> > >

> > doesn't matter! i can work with my pc as ususal. that's important.
> > if it is necessary i will downgrade too.
>
> Good news!  I tracked down the problem.  In freetype-2.1.0, they
> introduced a new feature to use generic color maps to render fonts.
> This is the default, and appears to be broken.  I've put together some
> patches to fix this, and I will report my findings to the freetype
> people.  If you want, I'll send you my patches for testing before I
> commit.

YES! please send me the patches.

i hopy my own test doesn't break the test-results:
i've already installed pango-1.0.2.(only changed Makefile and
distinfo - hope there are not very much changes in pkg-plist ;-))
i did also reinstall gdm2 and nautilus2.
but there's no problem for me to downgrade pango if the test
needs this resp. rvert my pc to the last state fo testing.

please tell me if there is something necessary for a accurate
test.

franz

> > --
> > WEBONAUT.com