Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:52:10 +0200
From:      Daniel Kalchev <daniel@digsys.bg>
To:        Rich <rincebrain@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: practical maximum number of drives

Ok, two things.

First, it was a typo -- the number is 122 devices and I actually got it
from the likes of this FAQ entry:
http://www.supermicro.com/support/faqs/faq.cfm?faq=10004
I never use these for anything other than HBA.

It is interesting to see that LSI claims 3000 devices. Might be,
firmware has changed? Or there are different variations of the
chip/implementation?

Daniel