Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:29:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "H. Wade Minter" <minter@lunenburg.org>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache content-length issue

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> There is a LimitRequestBody diretive in the HTTP config that controls
> maximum content-length:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#limitrequestbody
>
> However, the default setting is '0' -- unlimited.  This limit can be
> set in httpd.conf or in per-directory .htaccess files.

Thanks for the tip, but I didn't have a LimitRequestBody directive set in
my httpd.conf file.  I tried manually setting

LimitRequestBody 0

But I still get:

[Mon Aug 12 23:47:17 2002] [error] [client 4.64.113.162] Request
content-length of 492970 is larger than the configured limit of 75000

Is this something that might have been configured at compile-time for
Apache via the ports?  Maybe to stop the chunked encoding vulnerability?

--Wade

--
If you have a VCR or MP3 player, you need to read these links:

http://www.digitalconsumer.org/
http://digitalspeech.org/
http://www.libertyboard.org/