Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 23:16:26 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@sour.cream.org>
To:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>, Federico_Lupi@www.datasys.it
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Starting point for CTM

At 09:26 18/09/98 +1000, Gregory Bond wrote:
>I asked this question when I got the 2.2.6 CDs and for some reason the CTM
>baseline generation was busted and apparently remains busted.  This meant the
>2.2.6 baseline was not made and there was no way of knowing where to start
CTM
>from.
>
>Judging from the advice I received, there is not a lot of interest in CTM or
>fixing the baseline generation and everyone recommended I use cvsup.  I did
>manage to get cvsup working through the firewall which was my main problem.

That seems like a really big shame. I was hoping to use the CTM system to keep
a standalone system up to date with -stable. While having the delta's e-mailed
to me and then put on disk and taken to that machine.

Why has the problem not been fixed? I find it difficult to believe that no-one
has any interest at all in the CTM system now. Are there any plans for getting
the baseline generation system working for the 3-Release distribution?

Thanks..
--
Andrew Boothman <andrew@sour.cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org