Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:49:30 +0000
From:      Vitalio D <v.dol_s@hotmail.com>
To:        Benjamin Kaduk <bjk@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-doc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to write an addendum to 22.2 Using Localization

Thanks for guidance.=0A=
Will try to add a subsection.=0A=
=0A=
________________________________________=0A=
From: Benjamin Kaduk <bjk@freebsd.org>=0A=
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 1:01 AM=0A=
To: Vitalio D=0A=
Cc: freebsd-doc@freebsd.org=0A=
Subject: Re: How to write an addendum to 22.2 Using Localization=0A=
=0A=
On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 10:10:49AM +0000, Vitalio D wrote:=0A=
> Hello doc team,=0A=
>=0A=
> I'd like to write a short addendum or rewrite some subsections of 22.2 of=
 handbook concerning i18l. Since some time (since when ?) the vt has replac=
ed syscons as default, but the i18n section still based on syscons. Recentl=
y I had some trouble with localizing my 11.1-STABLE terminal. More about th=
is can be found at https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/20=
17-December/280129.html mail thread.=0A=
>=0A=
> The actual question is whether I should rewrite concerned subsections of =
22.2 or rather add a new subsection to describe how I managed to configure =
vt?=0A=
=0A=
Even though the oldest supported release (10.3) does include vt(4)=0A=
support, it's best to do this as a separate section, since=0A=
syscons(4) is still supported, too.  (Syscons provides a couple of=0A=
features that vt does not, and has some vocal supporters of those=0A=
features, who would probably not be happy to see the syscons=0A=
documentation go away.)=0A=
=0A=
-Ben=0A=