Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 07:55:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@lakewood.com>
To:        pat@transarc.com (Pat Barron)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Telnet to FreeBSD from Solaris

> I'm seeing a problem where, if I telnet to a FreeBSD system from a Sun
> running Solaris 2.5 or 2.5.1, and hit ^C during the session, my telnet
> session is dropped.  This happens with both 2.2.2 and a fairly recent
> cvsup of -current.  Has anyone else seen this?  Since it only seems to
> happen from Solaris systems, and it happens from all Solaris 2.5 or 2.5.1
> systems I've tried, I'm guessing that it's a Solaris problem, but thought
> someome here might know a PatchID or something I could ask Sun for.
>
> Thanks,
> --Pat.

I see the same thing with a connection through a Checkpoint-1 (I think)
firewall run on a SunOS box...  Right now, the only fix is stty intr ^G
and fighting the Control-C instinct.

Bill

 Bill Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 | 908-389-3592
 pechter@lakewood.com | Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.
 This msg brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.