Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 1994 12:56:54 EDT
From:      "M.C Wong" <mcw@hpato.aus.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com (freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com)
Subject:   UUCP mailer, domain, and rewriting rule

Hi,
  I have got a few questions which have not been answered since a lengthy post
I submit sometime ago. I will make it short this time.

  I got a small LAN with domain : mydomain
  A dedicated UUCP mail gateway machine to outside world : uucpgw.mydomain
  My ISP machine that provides the UUCP link : isp.ispdomain
  uucpgw is visible as uucpgw.ispdomain to the outside world, and to send
  mail to someone on my machine (over UUCP), one MUST address the message
  to recipient@uucpgw.ispdomain instead of recipient@uucpgw.mydomain.

  I wish someone can help me with the following :

  1) When ever I send mail to someone on uucpgw, say root@uucpgw.mydomain, uucico
     does transfer the spooled mail messages from isp.ispdomain to uucpgw.mydomain.
     However, since all the mails are targeted for users on machine with domain
     ispdomain, the delivery stops at pended in my /var/spool/mqueue, as expected.
     If I change my domainname to ispdomain, the mail messages get delivered to
     the designated recipient's local mail box.

     Now, can someone tell me how to specify the rewriting rules for recipient
     such that upon receiving mail addressed to :

     recipient@uucpgw.ispdomain, it will convert it to

     recipient@uucpgw.mydomain  ?

  2) With above, mails are always routed via uucpgw, is there a way that I
     can do site hiding (as sent by other hosts on the same mydomain subnet)
     such that remote recipient (outsiders) always received messages from :
     sender@mydomaoin ?

  Thanks in advance. Your help is greatly appreciated.

--
 M.C Wong 				   Email: mcw@hpato.aus.hp.com