Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 12:04:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      ptroot@uswest.com (Paul T. Root)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Net connected printer

In a previous message, FreeBSD mailing list said:
> On Thu, 25 Apr 1996, Paul T. Root wrote:
>
> > In a previous message, Terry Woods said:
> > >

> > >      I have a network Lexmark 4029 using a HP Jetdirect interface.
> > >      What dev (lp=) should I use in the printcap
> >
> > The HP JetDirect card is not a lpd server. You need software from HP
> > to talk to it. As far as I know that software is available for HP/UX,
> > SunOS and Solaris. It works quite well.
> >
> The HP JetDirect can support lpd!! I use HP LaserJet 4 with HP JetDirect
> work in FreeBSD network!!

Hmm. Must be newer cards. But I have a couple of LJ4si's that don't.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root - USWEST !NTERPRISE Networking Service	ptroot@uswest.com

  After Armageddon, there will be only three things left:
  Cockroaches feeding on the radioactive remains, Kudzu vines
  slowly covering the ashes and somewhere an IBM PC saying;
    Abort, Retry, Ignore..
    Abort, Retry, Ignore....   "   Jim Harvey