Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:00:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/19861: Install hangs during installation of rsaref-2.0 (as dependency)

The following reply was made to PR ports/19861; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To: <swschulz@astrum.net>, <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:56:20 -0500

 From: <swschulz@astrum.net>
 > While installing, I chose to have the apache-mod_ssl and OpenSSH installed.  One or the other caused rsaref-2.0 to be installed as
 a dependency.  Upone reaching that point, the install stopped with the usual (waiting for pkg_add) line at the bottom.  Hitting
 Alt-F2 showed a small dialog box which said something to the effect of "are you ready to install...".  Yes was selected, but the
 screen would accept no input.  Alt-F4 was functional, showing the the machine was still running otherwise.
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Reselect those packages.
 > >Fix:
 > Skip them. (Sorry.. ;)

 You can't install any package that depends on the rsaref-2.0 package from sysinstall (or the installation floppy).  The reason for
 this is that sysinstall wasn't designed for packages that require input before installing..

 Scot