Date:      Thu, 2 May 1996 20:28:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryan Ogawa at Work <bogawa@netvoyage.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading 2.0.5 systems to 2.1-STABLE

I'm beginning to seriously think about upgraing a 2.0.5-R system to
2.1-STABLE (and fix a number of rather annoying design decisions made by
others (and by me) when we were young and foolish).

Does anyone have any recommendations or hints on doing this?  I have a
number of questions about this process:

1.  Does it make sense to upgrade to 2.1-RELEASE before going to
2.1-STABLE?  I presume this will be the big transition, since if I were to
get 2.1-RELEASE running, I could install the -stable tree and make world.

2.  I have machines which don't have the space for a source tree on their
drives and machines that do.  How easy would it be to upgrade the small
ones by copying over files from the big ones?

3.  Does anyone have any documentation on making this move?

Thank you.

bryan

Bryan K. Ogawa
Questions or Problems with NetVoyage?  help@netvoyage.net