Date:      Thu, 03 Aug 2000 14:45:08 -0500
From:      Alan Edmonds <aedmonds@digitalconvergence.com>
To:        Barak Enat <barak_enat@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall and compaq smart raid disks (idad)

I've got Compaq DL360s with the Integrated Smart
RAID adapters and support was added to 4.0-STABLE
on June 2nd.  I was able to use the June 2nd
snapshot of 4.0-STABLE and it installed fine.

Have you run the configuration utility and created
the RAID volume?

Barak Enat wrote:

> hi,
>
> don't know if this is helpfull, but i had to add the
> following two lines to
> /usr/src/release/sysinstall/devices.c and recompile
> sysinstall, so it will recognize the idad disks for
> fdisk/disklabel operations.
>
>     { DEVICE_TYPE_DISK,         "idad%d",
> "Compaq SMART RAID adapter",    29, 65538, 8, 16, 'b'
>  },
>     { DEVICE_TYPE_DISK,         "ridad%d",
> "Compaq SMART RAID adapter",    109, 65538, 8, 16, 'c'
>  },
>
> seems odd, as at some point i think i read that 4.1
> installation supports the smart raid devices out of
> the box (i.e. both in kernel and sysinstall)...
>
> barak

Alan Edmonds      Director of International Technology
DigitalConvergence.:Com
aedmonds@digitalconvergence.com
Phone: +1-214-292-6040